Your initial reaction to your unplanned pregnancy may be to rush into getting an abortion. Take your time and know the facts.
The world would like you to believe that abortion is the ‘consequence-free choice.’ Simply put, this is not true. Many women who have had an abortion suffer in silence both emotionally and physically. Some are unable to get pregnant again.
Medical Abortion: Drugs are used to empty the uterus.
Surgical Abortion: Instruments are used to remove the embryo/ fetus and placental tissue.
Induction Abortion: A lethal injection is used to kill the fetus and labour is induced to deliver the dead fetus.
The type of procedure you will recieve depends on how far along you are in your pregnancy. Click here for more information on the actual types of abortion procedures.
Risks of Abortion
- Heavy bleeding
- Increased risk of premature births for future children
- Cervix or uterus damage, that can be associated with infertility or miscarriage
- Possible link to breast cancer
- Emotional numbing
- Anniversary grief
- Nightmares or flashbacks of the abortion
- Increased risk of alcohol and drug abuse
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts